This is a hidden Telegram gem: an option to auto delete messages after a set period of time.
One of the many features that make Telegram so much better than pretty much any other chat app is the ability to sent auto destroying messages – messages that delete themselves after a while.
It’s not one of those obvious features, but once setup, it work like a charm.
Here’s how to activate de auto delete option on Telegram
- Long press any message from the chat that you want to use this feature on until it will show you a menu with some options;
- From that menu pick Select;
- Not tap Clear Chat on the top right corner of the window;
- Another menu will be shown. Here tap Enable Auto-Delete;
- Now you just have to pick one of the two options: after one day, or after one week.
Keep in mind that you can disable this feature in the same way.